Minutes of the Autscape Board meeting 23rd May 2026
Meeting opened at 16:08 BST
Chair: Martijn
Present: Chen, Elaine, Heta, Martha, Martijn, Richard, Trish (joined late)
1. Approvals
1.1. Approval of the minutes of the Apr 2026 board meeting as posted to the list on 23rd May 2026
Approved 6 for
2. Ratifications
None
3. Proposals
None
4. Follow ups
None
5. Role reports
5.1. Chair
Nothing to report
5.2. Company Secretary
Nothing to report
Trish joined the meeting at this point
5.3. Treasurer
The Treasurer reported that he had been in contact with our Independent Examiner, Jim Dodds, and has been preparing our annual accounts that are due with Companies House by 30th June (and the Charity Commission by 31st July). Our Independent Examiner is due to get back to him to discuss the fee on Tuesday, which will have to be agreed on the list. Otherwise, little has changed.
5.4. Event Manager 2026
The Event Manager reported that they had spoken to Leneh, the programme manager, about the programme and we will be choosing presentations on Monday. Leneh will look at publicity so that can go out. I will also be talking to Martha about registration. Things are coming together and we should be ready to open registration in a couple of weeks.
5.5. Chair of Fundraising sub committee
Nothing to report. Chen is hoping to start working seriously in the next week or two
5.6. Chair of Publicity sub committee
There was no report but Elaine said she had spoken to Leneh earlier and she is going to get publicity sorted
5.7. Tech Coordinator
The Tech coordinator reported that he had initiated the proposal rating process, and we are making progress with rating the proposals. He would like every board member to participate and rate the proposals before the end of Sunday, because we need as many opinions as possible to be factored in.
5.8. Membership Secretary
The Membership Secretary reported that he was working on transferring our membership to MemberMojo following its approval at the last meeting.
6. AOB
6.1 Business Cards
Trish mentioned the need for updated business cards as they are handy to hand out or leave around but the ones she had had old information on. However, she Trish still has a number of opportunities to use them if available.
Elaine agreed to look into getting some more. It was suggested that the address should be left out and the info@ email address was put in.
Martijn said he would send some to Trish with the old address which she could use in the meantime.
Martijn suggested the Publicity sub committee look at design
6.2. Eucap interview
Heta said that as part of publicity, she recommends 1-3 board members agree to be interviewed for a EUCAP member interview, similar to what has been published over the past months about many other organisations. Publishing close to the opening of registration would be ideal. Martijn is one obvious interviewee, but she asked if any other(s) interested?
Martijn, Elaine and Chen offered.
Meeting closed at 16:42.