Minutes of July 2020 meeting

Minutes of meeting of the Board of Directors of the Autscape Organisation
Meeting date: 25th July 2020
Meeting time: 14:00 GMT
Meeting Chair: Martijn
Present: Fergus, Heta, James, Jenny, Jeremy, Kalen, Martijn, from 14:40 Elaine (Company secretary)
Apologies: None
Two observers

1. Approvals
1.1. Minutes of the 27th June 2020 meeting posted to the list on 25th July
A final version with minor corrections was posted during the meeting.
The final version was approved, 8 for.

2. Ratifications
2.1. The approval of the Annual Report posted to the list on 30th June
The last vote had been cast on 25th July.
The decision was ratified, 7 for.

3. Proposals
No proposals.

4. Follow-ups
No follow-ups.

5. Role reports
5.1. Chair (Martijn)
Nothing to report.
5.2. Company Secretary (Elaine)
The Company Secretary had had to delay submitting the Autscape accounts and annual report because further info was needed. The deadline had been extended until 31st July and the information had been added.
5.3. Honorary Secretary (Heta)
Nothing to report.
5.4. Treasurer (Jeremy)
Nothing to report.
5.5. Event Manager Autscape UK 2020 (James)
The Event Manager reported that event planning was busy, but coming together. Registration stood at over 400. This created issues for meetings involving discussions, especially home groups. The Discord server had proven popular. An Autscape Dropbox had been created and linked to the EUCAP Zoom account to make distribution of recorded content quicker and simpler. The Programme Coordinator had been running practice/training sessions.

The Chair asked the Registrar (Trish) if she had any additions.
Trish reported that 433 people had booked, and two more had asked since registration had closed. She was busy with emails and checking money received.

5.6. Membership Secretary (Jeremy)
Nothing to report.
5.7. Fundraising coordinator (Jenny)
Nothing to report.
5.8. Tech coordinator (Martijn)
The Tech coordinator had been experiencing some problems with logging in to the Autscape server. He had an idea of the possible cause, and he asked anyone who experienced problems to let him know.
5.9. Lists coordinator (Kalen)
Nothing to report.
5.10. Venue search coordinator (Elaine)
Nothing to report.

6. Any other business
Kalen mentioned that the way to send the Zoom links to the participants had not been established. She suggested putting them in the calendar events. She had paid for an upgrade to allow password protection.
Jeremy pointed out that the May minutes suggested that Autscape would make a contribution to EUCAP to cover the cost of a Zoom upgrade. He had asked on list when the payment would be due. Heta said that an invoice should arrive within a month.
Heta informed the Board that a Dropbox account had been created for EUCAP, and that there was an Autscape folder under it that had been shared with James and Fergus. Autscape videos could be stored there for a month, at least. In the long run, there should be some other solution for storing Autscape video materials.
Martijn asked if memberships should be extended. The matter was discussed, and proposals were formulated.

6.1. Proposal: The Company Secretary proposes that existing memberships are extended by one year.
Carried, 7 for.

6.2. The Honorary Secretary proposes that new members who have booked attendance at Autscape this year be allowed to become members for one year free of charge.
Carried, 7 for.

The Chair asked the membership secretary to write a message to communicate the availability of membership to current event participants by Wednesday 29 July.

The meeting was closed at 15:42.